They are many ways that you can get involved in the exciting and vibrant event!
Enter a team!
Show the region what you are made of and put your organisation on the map. The overall winners will be crowned ‘the best team in the region’. There are a number of others awards up for grabs such as;
– Best media interaction
– Best presentations award
– Best partnership award
– Best CEO
The deadline for entering a team is January 2020 Click Here to book now!
Competing teams are expected to meet with potential stakeholders and partners such as the regional lga/employers, fire, police, CCG, central govt and charities. As part of the simulation, we will be arranging real life meetings for the teams and we need additional people with local government experience and know how to fill these roles and make the challenge as realistic as possible.
- Leaders to guide and advise competing teams (Chief Executives and Elected Members)
- Media representatives to put teams through their paces at a press conference (Senior managers/professionals from a comms/media background)
- Partners to meet with teams as requested (Senior Managers/professionals, with a range of experience and knowledge of local government and/or the wider public sector)
You will need to be:
- Able to think on your feet
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Up for anything
In return you will get:
- The opportunity to be part of an extraordinary (and highly enjoyable) event
- The chance to test and hone your interpersonal, communication and time management skills (to name but a few!)
- To work with a wide range of colleagues from across our region
- A free lunch, an invite to the Evening Awards Ceremony and Dinner!
If you’re still deciding, Click Here for some detailed information about the event and volunteer roles!
This really is a region wide event and everyone can get involved, whether you are volunteering, part of a team, or cheering your organisation on from the sidelines – tweet your involvement and get into the competitive spirit! We have a range of exclusive ‘Challenge’ selfie frames available for use, so get snapping and send us your pics and don’t forget to tag us in any tweets!