All in a good cause
We raised over 6k for Edwards Trust. As well as developing our future leaders we also took the opportunity to us the LA Challenge to raise much needed funds for Edwards Trust.
Edwards Trust, a Birmingham based charity supporting children and families who are facing loss and surviving bereavement. Primarily, they offer holistic bereavement care within the West Midlands region (Birmingham, Coventry, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire) for:
- parents bereaved, or about to be bereaved, of their son or daughter – whatever the age of their child or cause of death.
- anyone affected by the death of a child aged 18 years or under.
- children and young people of school age who are bereaved, or are about to be bereaved, of a parent, significant carer, sibling or friend.
- they also provide a ‘Well Being in Bereavement’ service including complementary therapies and respite bereavement care for bereaved parents and carers.
- Offer training and consultation for professionals working with bereaved families or families who are about to be bereaved
The money raised will help towards the real cost of bereavement support
- £10 – Pays for craft materials for a child to express their emotions through our Creative Expression of Grief Project
- £50 – Pays for one individual, private counselling session for a parent
- £100 – Funds a day out for each bereaved family to meet with other families
- £220 – Funds our Wellbeing in bereavement support for each parent
- £350 – Supports one child through our School’s Outreach Programme
- £1000 – Supports a bereaved child through their counselling programme
- £2500 – Funds a residential respite bereavement retreat for parents
We wanted to raise as much money as we could, we ran a prize draw. Up for grabs were: spa day, theatre tickets, day trips to the Zoo, football match tickets, and so much more.
We also set the teams an extra little challenge giving them just two weeks to raise as much as they could…
All teams rose to the challenge and then some! Here’s a breakdown of the top 5 fundraising teams. In total we raised a staggering £6,105.90. Well done all!
The top five fundraisers:
|Warwick District Council||£1,097.23|
|City of Wolverhampton Council||£927.69|
|Wyre Forest District Council||£622.00|
|Rugby Borough Council||£515.15|
LA Challenge Prize Draw Winners.
|Pets at Home
Hamster Cage & Starter Kit
Glass Jar Storage Set
A voucher to the value of £10 & Bottle of White Wine
A voucher to the value of £10 & Bottle of Red Wine
|Aston Villa Football Club
Two Match Day Tickets
Pair of tickets comedy show
|Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club
Pair of tickets to WV1 comedy club
Amazon voucher to the value of £25
Bottle of Prosecco & Facial Cleansing Brushes
|West Midlands Safari Park
Pair of entry tickets
|West Bromwich Albion Football Club
Waitrose voucher to the value of £30
|Dr John Mervyn-Smith|
Two Theatre Tickets
A voucher to the value of £40
|Edgbaston Cricket Ground
4 tickets to a home domestic T20 game involving Birmingham Bears
|Warwickshire Golf & Country Club
4 Ball Golf Voucher
|One off Interiors
A voucher to the value of £150
Spa Day for 1
We would like to give a huge thanks to all of the generous contributors who have kindly donated prizes to help us raise funds!
“Edward’s Trust were extremely thankful to be selected as the nominated charity for this years’ LA Challenge. Being a unique charity that supports families facing loss and surviving bereavement, an amount of money like this makes a genuine difference to our families during their toughest journey. It was great to experience the creativity and passion of the teams who worked tirelessly in order to support our cause. The £6105.90 that was raised during the LA Challenge will go towards supporting over 600 families per year within our reach across the West Midlands. Thank you to West Midlands Employers for helping us to ‘fly our kite’ this year!”
Lucy Goodway, Engagement Co-ordinator at Edwards Trust