Apprentice Challenge – What’s It All About?
The Apprentice Challenge is primarily a learning and development event with a competitive edge.The only professional development opportunity in the West Midlands specifically targeted at Local Government Apprentices and leading to regional recognition. Based on the hugely successful “West Midlands Challenge” and “Local Authority Challenge” developed by Breckland Training Services, this event will give Apprentices the chance to experience the opportunities, risks and challenges involved in delivering successful local government services.
Are You Or Is Someone In Your Team Or Council:
• A current or recently qualified (in the last 12 months) Level 2 or 3 Apprentice working in Local
• Looking to push yourself and to test your skills and capability
• Interested in challenging and developing yourself alongside others in the same position
If so, then the West Midlands Apprentice Challenge is the event for you.
Your council can submit as many apprentices as you wish, and we will put them into a mix of teams from other councils on the day – a great way to build their network!
This event will give attendees a range of enhanced knowledge, skills and positive outcomes such as:
• Building partnerships with relevant organisations or individuals in a variety of different settings.
• Developing inter-personal skills when working with colleagues.
• Developing and practising media handling skills, including drafting press releases, social media management and an introduction to direct media interaction.
• Developing and practising communication and presentation skills.
• Practising organisational, team building and time management skills.
• Developing resilience to rapidly changing priorities, demands and timescales.
• Lead to one apprentice being named “ Local Government Apprentice of the Year” without the need to complete a myriad of forms, as judgement will be made on the day!
This event is also ideal for those who are keen to develop their professional network by working with Apprentice colleagues from other organisations across the West Midlands.
What people have said about the Local Authority Challenge:
A fantastic development opportunity.The Challenge Attendee
By far the best day of professional development I have ever done.The Challenge Attendee
The Challenge will give your staff the ability to develop skills they didn’t realise they had, pushing them outside of their comfort zone in a safe, but pressurised environment.The Challenge Attendee
Apprentice Challenge is in:
Date: Wednesday 29th April 2020
Location: The Studio, Birmingham
Participation Fee: This event is only open to Apprentices who currently work for a Local Authority within the West Midlands
– £195.00 + VAT
To sign up for this event and get the opportunity to become the West Midlands “Apprentice of the Year 2020”, confirm with your manager that they’re happy to nominate you, get them to click on the Registration button below and SIGN you up!